Saturday 22 September 2012

Sabo Ten @ Millenia Walk

Sabo Ten seems to be popping up everywhere, I saw them at Hong Kong & Taipei when I was there last month.........The photographs looks really good, and my japanmanic sister and family swear that it is the best Tonkatsu you can find in singapore...so why not give it a try.

Things I love:
1) The sesame which you can mix with the tonkatsu sauce...gives it such nutty fragrance, and bits of texture
2) never ending supply of fresh crunchy cabbage - the shiso soya sauce dressing is in my opinion, much more tastier than the sesame dressing.
3) never ending supply of delicious Japanese rice - very yummy rice. Like the ones i used to buy in HK, 1 kg for 40 SGD....you get the idea.

Things I don't love so much:
1) they serve only fried stuff......in this enlightened age of low calories diet...what do you do.... well....order a variety of different fried stuff and enjoy the above ( see 'Things i love').

Good place to bring kids of 10-12....they love the fried stuff, and would be good to initiate them to raw cabbage too :)

The ubiquitous Sabo ten logo - you can find it in the airport too!

The crunchy and delicous raw cabbage, which acts as a counter-balance to the deeep-fried set lunch.

Grind the sesame seeds first - I heart this

Then add the tonkatsu sauce on top, this you have to eat with the Tonkatsu

I ordered tenderloin with asparagus with cheese & chicken and a crab cream croquette...all deep fried. But it is really not greasy.......though it did not reach the perfection of balance and harmony I aspired in all my meals.

The lunch was great, I really enjoy it....I do wish that there were more non-deep fried things.....got a mini ulcer straight after the meal......


No comments:

Post a Comment