Saturday 22 September 2012

Nirai Kanai @ Liang Court

Nirai Kanai was a place I used to frequent in my previous existence in Singapore. Then it was at Far East Complex ( now not sure what it is )....Orchard Road seems like an alien place to me..:(

Well, I found it in Liang Court Basement, and remember the good times I had with my friends drinking Shochu and pigging out....

I guess coz I was eating too much good Japanese food in HK (see my post on my all-time favourite HK okinawan joint Raku-en) , my taste buds had sadly grown out of Nirai Kanai. Though I used to think it great, my current sense is that it is just pretty average.

The decor is pretty quaint, and I saw loads of Japanese family there.

Bittergourd is one of Okinawa's specials - so stir-fried bittergourd with eggs , tofu and pork is a very well-known dish. Its good, but not great. I really prefer Raku-en.

Peanut Tofu - Always like this

Bittergourd tempura Ramen- the bittergourd tempura taste great, but the soup and ramen are too salty, and couldn't beat some of the ramen joints around town.

Saving grace - their little amuse-bouches are very yummy. Meat miso paste ( to be eaten with rice) & pickled daikon :) makes my day any time

No comments:

Post a Comment