Monday 17 June 2013

Swa Garden Restaurant (汕园) @ Macpherson Road

The literal translation of this place means ' teochew garden', where 'swa' is a chinese term refering to the region of Swatou ( in teochew) in China.

This is such an amazing old school place...I like the food there, authentic, unpretentious, and just the good old taste of  Teochew food.

Ambience is a bit 'hard-core' but nonetheless, the food is rather delectable to make up for the lack in ambience. Price-wise, always trust these old-school guys to whip up affordable delicious cuisine. 

I looove old school restaurants...:)

The name 

Fish Maw & crab meat soup - they do not scrimp on the ingredients, and the stock, the stock is delicious

Cold platter - I always love cold platter, love the ngoh hiang, the prawn balls, the jellyfish and century egg

Oyster Omelette - very yummy lah

Steamed Groupa - very nice and fresh

This dish is sooo exciting - its deep fried duck....its like my dream dish..

Braised duck with spinach - see the deep rich colour of the sauce....you know its delicious

One of my perennial favourites - fried kway tiao....yum yum yum

To satiate my nephew's crazy appetite, we order a lemon chicken....so nicely fried and very very crunchy 

Yam paste dessert - I thought the pumpkin and gingko nuts were superflous...but the yam has a delicious flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment