Sunday 9 June 2013

Beng Thin Hoon Kee Hokkien Restaurant (茗珍奋记) @ OCBC Center

Back with a vengence, because I have been seriously dining over the last few months...and really need to start recording them down...

This Hokkien food place is a rare gem that I would hesitate to share - marvellous food, great location, good ambience, no crowd, affordable prices......loved it!

This could be the epitome of Hokkien cuisine in Singapore



It apparently has a super long history, same age as my dad.

Cold dish - duck slices & jellyfish with cucumber & melon. Surprisingly refreshing with the hearty flavours of Hokkien cuisine.

Oyster Omelette - did I say this is the best oyster omelette I ever had in my entire life? Very fresh mini oysters, and fried to perfection egg & flour....really can't beat that.

Chestnut Braised Duck - it looks sort of unsophiscated, but the taste was so elegant and bursting all in once with the gaminess of duck, the nuttiness of the chestnuts and and wonderful wonderful dark sauce.

White cabbage braised with conpoy - This is soo yummy too. The cabbage is tender with waves of high grade chinese wine, i couldn't stop eating that.

Hokkien Meat & Prawn Rolls - Minimal prawns which is good for me, well seasoned and a surprise old school ingredient - liver....that makes this dish a wholly delectable one.

Hokkien Braised Noodles - this unlike the ones you get anywhere else, is very very well braised.....I can't describe the taste, but it certainly is the best in Singapore I reckon...

Braised Pork Belly meat with bun - simply old school and simply delicious.....the fatty bits melt in your mouth, and the sauce is soooo amazing...oh, did i mention my fetish for dark brown sauces....

Will be back there again to try the amazing array of Hokkien cusine!


No comments:

Post a Comment