Sunday 25 August 2013

Sur Neuvo @ North Canal Road

ALRIGHT, this is not your typical tex-mex restaurant , if thats what you are looking for.
Its rather a south american restaurant, just that I don't want to add another label on my blog.

Latin American cuisine always conjures up sumptuous images of sublime ceviches, beefy roasted meat, delicious salsas......

This place has a Venezuelan chef helming the restaurant, and though I rather like the taste and experience of the food, my friend who have tasted original Peruvian cuisine says she prefers those from the land of passion and danger.

Personally, I like the taste, I think its great to have a variety of cuisine in any city which attempts to call themselves cosmopolitan. It may be slightly adapted to suit Singaporean taste, but I wouldn't mind going back there again with friends to try out other dishes......

Really like the exotic-ness of dining here

Love that they have ceviches in tasting portions - though my friend commented on the lack of 'tiger milk' quality. They are rather refreshing and tasty.

Crispy Pork Belly - The skin so crispy and the fat so yummy....the meat could be a tad more tender, but this is high in my list.

Chorizo with rice & Ricotta cheese - very hearty and very yummy

Braised Lamb Shank - Although done rather well, it tasted like a well braised lamb shank.. the Latin American Twist was sadly missing, but still very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment