Saturday 28 July 2012

Open Door Policy @ Tiong Bahru

I was having a girl's night out around Tiong Bahru, so we head to Open Door Policy, since I had brunch there before, and the food is rather interesting and kinda sophiscated-tasting. They did try some new flavours and textures which makes the food kinda exciting. But I wouldn't call it orgasmically wonderful.

It is food well cooked, with good flavours, Presentation wise quite quirky....but nothing to blow your mind away.The risotto portions are a tad too big, and I thought that a few more pasta dishes would also offer a lighter alternatives to the menu .

Its not a bad place to hang out with your chic friends, the decor is rather quirky as well.....In terms of wine selection....its also quite extensive.

So old school.........very endearing wor....

Papadum coated Duck with Mint Yoghurt Sauce - the sauce is good, the papadum ( my perennial favourite) gives an interesting texture.....but the duck is not as tender as I expect it to be. Duck needs to be tender.....perhaps, they should use chicken instead.


Mushroom Risotto - I like the fresh white mushrooms mixed with hearty mushroom risotto. The flavour of the risotto is really strong...I tasted loads of truffle oil.... But as it is a rather strong tasting dish, the sheer portion of it did not leave you wanting for more....I wish the risotto is served as a side, or it comes with some other ingredients on the plate.

Prawn & Saffron Risotto - Again, the taste is hearty and good....but portion wise its way too big. Flavours are good, but get too repetitive after the entire plate.

Pistachio Souffle - ok, I like this souffle, innovative, well cooked...portion is big, but sharable between two people. I was seated at the bar, and really loved watching the chefs cook the souffle though!

No comments:

Post a Comment