Thursday 13 May 2010

Tung Bo @ North Point Food Market



Tung Bo at North Point Market in Java Road, is such a famous place in Hong Kong...
When the food is served, it does look good, and I have to admit, it is better than a lot of Cantonese joints I have tried...but still I think it cannot beat the real deal in Gresson Street ( check out my other blog on 群众小厨)..so I probably won't go back there again, some dishes are definately worth trying...


Strange that a Cantonese joint will serve squid ink pasta...it is a bit salty, but the squid balls in squid ink is quite a cool idea
Crispy Chicken -This chicken is very good..but a tad too oily

eel in black bean sauce - black bean sauce is nice, but the fish cooked this way, just do not bring out the freshness of fish meat

This is quite good, it is nicely deep fried, some kind of fish with vegetables thingy


Carp patties ( traditional cantonese dish)- I like the crispy exterior, but carp meat is too raw for my taste


Pineapple fried rice - a bit so-so


deep fried kisu fish - again the deep frying is good...but the kisu fish is supposed to be firm and moist..and this kisu is a bit too soggy ( ok I know I am very hard to please)

Bamboo clams with black bean sauce - this is a winner!

Bamboo Clams in garlic and vermicelli - Somehow the bamboo clams in this place are very fresh

Lotus leaf rice with chicken - this is very good too...I suspect they are not too great with fish, but not too bad with steaming and stir-fries

House specialty - prawns in salted egg yolk , looks very good, but can't comment because my skin allergy does not allow me to munch on prawns anymore

Again strange western cheescake in Cantonese Dai Pai Dong.....this is alright...but nah..I would rather have the mascarpone cheesecake at Sift


No comments:

Post a Comment