Sunday 7 March 2010

Santouka Ramen, I Square

I love ramen, and consider myself a sort of expert on them. Ramen should be judged by the texture of noodles and the depth of the broth , mainly... The one from Santouka seems to have the right base and the texture of the noodle is chewy yet firm ( which I like a lot too), the broth is rich and very garlicky( which I like), but I think they put a tad too much MSG, and there wasn't the amazing after taste of soup base ( whether it is Pork Bone soup,Kelp etc) in your mouth after the bowl has been finished. It is tasty, but not that great. The gyoza is not bad, and probably would suffice for a quick dinner. I guess for Hong Kong, it is already not bad...



Gyoza - the skin is thin, and the meat inside fresh


Miso ramen


Spicy Miso Ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment