Monday 25 June 2012

Keisuke TonKontsu King@ Orchid Hotel

Well, for people who know me, I am a noodle fan. I love it in all forms & shape....can't say that I have the same enthusiasm for rice though......so naturally, with the ramen craze going around the world, I am tempted to try all the ramen in Singapore.

This place was apparently the best Ramen in SG, according to a Japanese source.....but well...?

Noodles - al dente & chewy
Soup - rich ( but a tad oily) and very flavourful
Other highlights - the sesame thingy is obvious very fragrant and a real bonus....
minuses - the restaurant had a bizzare smell...I think the ac broke down the afternoon I was there for lunch.

So, is it good ? Yes it is...will I go there to try the Red noodles & normal Tonkontsu broth? Yes I will........will I ask for less chicken oil....yes I will

:) 

Every Table had a sesame seed grater bowl , this is supposedly to enhance the fragrance of the noodle. Does it work? I am absolutely charmed by this.......

You can order extra noodles......

Black Soup - its slightly oily, but so flavourful.......also, I like the simplicity of the noodles, chopped spring onions, one piece of char siew, a few black fungus....thats great! no complicated fish-cakes, bamboo shoots......

I guess I am again charmed by the idea they offered free eggs and sesame oiled bean sprouts......the sesame oil is really aromatic........excuse the badly peeled egg though.


No comments:

Post a Comment