Monday 25 June 2012

Casa Latina@ Waterloo Street

I always have a difficult relationship with Mexican food, I never thought they were that complex or deep, until years ago in paris, my mexican friend invited me to her place for burritos and just good old tequila...( ok I am so over tequila), but the taste of the burritos she made was unforgettable. I could never find that taste again for the longest ( coz I got stuck in Asia).......till Casa Latina kinda gave me the same delicious subtle taste of mexican food back..

Its yum, not very pricy, and set in a most wonderful ambience in an old house in Waterloo street ( which reminded me of Rosabieng in Bangkok Soi 11)......

Go there and eat the food, I want this restaurant to thrive!

Trust me, this is a goooood restaurant, for anybody who likes Mexican food...


God, whats this otak doing here? I asked......


I dun know what it is called, its a kinda of baked cornmeal  with beef slices and grilled, so its slightly crispy, and meaty, and yes so good.


Melted cheese ( eat it with Tortillas), I dun know what the ingredients are, the dish don't look very elegant....but the taste, the taste ....amazing, warm, soothing & vibrant all at one go.


Chicken Mole - right, this is the first time I tasted mole, I tasted beans, and just pure deliciousness....am not a big meat eater, but really love this mole.....with meat!


I was so indulged that night, I didn't remember the names , this is fish with the same herb green sauce as the melted cheese dish. Good - a resounding yes!


Some obscure pork with tortilla skin? Its just damn good!


Ok, this is exciting,another chicken dish, it has mole sauce, a thick green herb beany sauce, and the black stuff - tasted like black bean polenta. Its just great and so yummy.....

1 comment:

  1. Dear readers,

    Word has it, the restaurant's great chef has moved on to another place....this was a delicious meal in a bygone era.....

    ReplyDelete