Saturday 3 July 2010

Pastis @ Wyndham Terrace, Central

This is a French restaurant, always filled with french and apparently quite good...so I jumped on the opportunity to try it out...order a starter to share and a main...yes, it is a bistro. It serves bistro and have a bistro feeling to it...reminds me of Paris, where people drink and eat all at the same time, only bad thing, it is too close to LKF, and you get rowdy customers...
Food wise- not too bad. I like it for the sheer simplicity and straight-forwardness of the bistro food.
unlike cusine, it is honest and down to earth, like the cooking of a french mum...albeit from Southern France ...I think the food is mainly of that region.

The menu - menu in french means a 'set', la carte means menu in english...how confusing..


Onion Tart - great idea, what is better than a caramelized onion tart...you can't fail with a purely delicious recipe like this!


Duck breast filet with carrot and pumpkin mash - mash is excellent and wonderfully great tasting, I feel the duck is merely average...did not really meet my expectations of the french duck though..

No comments:

Post a Comment