Sunday 26 August 2012

Cocotte @ Wanderlust Hotel, Dickson Road

Alright, I ought to apologize for lumping all occidental food under one category, with exception of italian, tapas and mexican food.....

I would say western food could be : French ( since many british chefs are trained in the French fashion), american food, fusion 'El Bulli' type of food, british/aussie/NZ food?

For me, Cocotte is like provincial French food...but only ingredients not as fresh and the taste not as rustic. The taste is pretty alright, but what is awesome is the interior and the setting.....very very good to be there with some chic friends.....I have to say that the desserts are pretty good too!


Writing Pad Menu - which utterly charmed some of my dinner mates.


Decor is very nice lah.....ambience is good too....actually quite good for dates....


Heirloom tomato salad - quite refreshing and fairly yummy with the sea salt seasoning, but this ain't very good heirloom tomatoes.....they taste a bit old,

Pork pate with bread sticks and a dash of mustard sauce - this is really good. The pork pate is very well done and fresh.

Pan seared Salmon with potato, grilled garlic and lardon! Anything with Lardon taste good!! They did overcook the lardon a bit though......the fish is well done, and the grilled garlic was divine. not too bad lah.....

By the end of the meal, I was sooo stuffed that I could only finish half of my creme brulee....thank god, my calorie count did not burst over the roof...
Its very tasty, but not amazing orgasmic type of creme brulee....but definately a good end to a nice meal. Best done with wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment